Automate Data Entry with Capture for PTMS
Data entry poses one of the most significant challenges facing corporate tax departments due to the paper-intensive manner in which state and local tax authorities communicate taxable value and their resulting taxes levied (e.g., tax bills and assessment notices). As a result of jurisdictions’ reliance on paper and the lack of standards for the layout of notices and bills, taxpayers spend an inordinate amount of time manually:
- Reconciling assessment notices and tax bills to property sites, parcels, and accounts
- Entering data from documents into their tax management systems
- Correcting transcription errors
Save Time and Money via Data Entry Automation
Capture for PTMS uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to capture tax data from scanned tax bills and assessment notices and then uploads the data to PTMS. Capture:
- Reconciles tax bills and assessment notices with sites and parcels
- Catalogs scanned tax bills and assessment notices for easy access
- Reduces time spent manually entering data from tax bills and assessment notices
- Minimizes transcription errors
Minimizes Manual Data Entry
Use the OCR technology embedded in Capture to pull data from documents such as tax bills and assessment notices minimizing the time associated with data entry. Managers can implement oversight rules to ensure data validation. PTMS may then access the data for further processing. Capture catalogs and stores all scanned documents for easy future access.
See How Much Time and Money PTMS and Capture Will Save You
For more information on how to improve your tax processes with PTMS and Capture, or to contact a TCI Sales Representative, simply contact us via our online contact form, or call us at 858-547-4100.